Sunday, January 14, 2007

When IT came ~ age 14

I'm 14 years old and it seems like everyone has already started. My friends and I are on a youth group trip to the beach. We've been having a blast playing in the water, sunning on the beach, chasing boys and just hanging out.
Yesterday, the last day of the trip, "it" came. All of a sudden I had spotting in my panties. I felt embarrased. I wasn't really sure who to tell or what exactly to do. I mean, I know about periods, I read the book my mom left lying around. I've listened to my girlfriends talking about their periods. Yet, now it's me. I'm not sure if I am ready for this. I am not sure I really know what it all means. I don't really understand my body at all.
Well, I 'fessed up to a friend and borrowed a pad. We're headed back home today.

That night....

I didn't tell my mom and then, doing the laundry, she found my panties with the stain. When she brought it up, I felt worse. I think she might have been embarrased or maybe just real matter of fact. She told me where my older sister kept the pads. I feel like I've done something wrong. Like "it" is a bad thing. Do the other girls feel this way? Is this normal? Why do I feel this way? I don't understand.

No comments: